Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #1
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Saturday, January 17, 2009

AQU
First race

The 2/1 favorite looks vulnerable, but other than that, it's a tough call for me. The entry looks nice at 9/2, but I also like the 3 horse at the same price.

Not a race that I want to invest two tickets in, so I'll let price determine which way I go when we get closer to post time.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
raceman5
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Largo Fl.
Posts: 2,363
Tampa Double 1-3-4-5/6-7
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
mikesal57
Grade 1
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
HI Guys..


AQU 1st..

the #7 had a nice last race...wide against a fast 1 & 2 quarter...finished 3rd


mike
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
tfm
Former member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,136
AQU, R1, #2, The Vin Man

at >= 10:1
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #5
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
I settled on the entry which was tied for price with the 3. Just an action bet as I don't like the race.

EDITED TO ADD
A bad start for what looked like the better part of the entry.
The winner had the best TT fig, but not much else in my rankings.

Last edited by clore1030; 01-17-2009 at 12:35 PM.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
tfm
Former member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,136
AQU R2, #6, Underground Hero -- but only at >= 2:1


TAM R2, #7, Full Rate
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
AQU
Race three

Splitting the ticket between the favorite, #1 and a mild longshot, the 6 horse.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:19 PM   #8
tfm
Former member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,136
It's interesting. The 'experts' on the NYRA show don't like the 1, as they think he got a PERFECT trip last out.

When I look at the chart, I see a horse that was involved in a multi-move race and, while good enough to best the rest of the field, was last moved.

Another interesting horse in here is Thunder Minister; though it's hard to tell whether he's an off track (and turf) runner.
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #9
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfm View Post
It's interesting. The 'experts' on the NYRA show don't like the 1, as they think he got a PERFECT trip last out.

When I look at the chart, I see a horse that was involved in a multi-move race and, while good enough to best the rest of the field, was last moved.

Another interesting horse in here is Thunder Minister; though it's hard to tell whether he's an off track (and turf) runner.
I see a horse that's 5 for 11 in routes and has competitive figs.

Thunder Minister is the other half of my wager.

I always feel better when the boys put a knock on a horse that I'm favoring.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #10
tfm
Former member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,136
Here's why this game both sucks, and is the best game around.

We make the correct read on the 1 horse BUT lose because a longshot sneaks through UNSEEN on the inside of horses.
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thursday, January 15, 2009 clore1030 Selections 40 01-15-2009 06:08 PM
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 clore1030 Selections 81 01-14-2009 06:17 PM
Saturday, January 10, 2009 clore1030 Selections 17 01-10-2009 03:32 PM
Thursday -- January 8, 2009 alydar_ David Selections 62 01-08-2009 05:19 PM
Saturday, January 3, 2009 clore1030 Selections 41 01-03-2009 05:04 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 PM.