Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Thursday, January 8, 2009

AQU

First race:

Not the best of situations here, a low level claimer and one where I've got the top three contenders all within 1 point on BL.

The top ranked #3 horse was just claimed for 10K and now running for 12.5. Has been doing OK at this level.

Second ranked #7 is tied with the above right now at 2/1, but it was claimed three times within the last year for 25K and is in for half that today. Looks like distressed merchandise to me and I'm not crazy about Philly Park shippers anyway.

Third ranked #1 is 5/1 presently and while dropping to an apparent low on claiming price, the odds makes it the most tempting of the three to moi.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
alydar_ David
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
Looks like we duplicated today's thread.

Nice analysis, Clore.

I'm with you on #1 Precisely That at 5-1.

The only thing that really concerns me is #7 Supervision being the only Early horse in the race. But at 2-1...eh, no great shakes.
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by alydar_David View Post
Looks like we duplicated today's thread.

Nice analysis, Clore.

I'm with you on #1 Precisely That at 5-1.

The only thing that really concerns me is #7 Supervision being the only Early horse in the race. But at 2-1...eh, no great shakes.
Great minds think alike. We were probably typing at the same time. When I started doing so, there was no other thread, but I was interrupted while doing the above post so I guess you beat me to the draw.

I never really cared for these bottom level races because generally good horses go up while bad ones go down. Years ago, all the system sellers said to always bet horses dropping in company, which didn't make sense to me.

So, I tracked 1,000 claiming races on the NY circuit on about two-dozen variables. Horses dropping in company did win 27% of these races, but horses going up in company won 26% and at better mutuels. For many years after, I wouldn't touch any claiming races under the 20K level.

Last edited by clore1030; 01-08-2009 at 12:23 PM. Reason: typo
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thursday -- January 8, 2009 alydar_ David Selections 62 01-08-2009 05:19 PM
Sunday, January 4, 2009 clore1030 Selections 5 01-04-2009 04:16 PM
Saturday, January 3, 2009 clore1030 Selections 41 01-03-2009 05:04 PM
Thursday, January 1, 2009 clore1030 Selections 44 01-01-2009 05:29 PM
About RDSS 2009 data files Ted Craven RDSS 0 12-30-2008 06:15 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 AM.