Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2006, 01:11 PM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Running styles and energy distribution - Practice Race

Gonna post up this race. GOOD example of
1) running styles
2) 1st call proj pace
3) energy distribution relating to units of energy used when a horse is headed.

This time I am gonna post the pp's how Jim "sees" them. It's time to really FOCUS on how HE matches.

1) there will be NO ml odds
2) there will be NO dates on races shown

I mean shoot if we are gonna practice let's remove ALL coventional stuff from the picture. lol

PLEASE feel free to work the race HERE. ALL are welcome. I will leave it up for a couple of days.

The "Hat" method:
1) Identify running styles
2) Identify 1c proj pace
3) Identify tandems
4) Find a "style" that might be favored to win TODAYS matchup based on "mix" of runnnig stlyes and 1c proj pace.

** Tip** - as you are identifying your "early" runners mentally note the 1c time for them ok? WHY? because you might have a race with say 3 early horses where running style wise you might leap right away to looking at "other than early" for the win. But if one of the earlies is DEFINITELY faster than the others at the FIRST CALL well now the picture changes.

The distance of todays race is 8.5f on the dirt

NO need to work the race fast. Jim slowed my ass down a bit a couple weeks back.
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline  
Old 10-15-2006, 01:15 PM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
the 1 horse
Attached Images
 
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline  
Old 10-15-2006, 01:15 PM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
the 2 horse
Attached Images
 
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline  
Old 10-15-2006, 01:16 PM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
the 3 horse
Attached Images
 
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline  
Old 10-15-2006, 01:17 PM   #5
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
the 4 horse
Attached Images
 
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline  
Old 10-15-2006, 01:17 PM   #6
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
the 5 horse
Attached Images
 
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline  
Old 10-15-2006, 11:00 PM   #7
dugoutgold
Grade 1
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 206
Well Rich and Jim, here is my attempt at this. Hopefully I am at least partly correct on somethings. With that in mind here we go..
No meaningfull tandems that I could see here.

#1 S type running line 9 won against this call 47.1
#2 S type running line 5 a mile race but a 47.1 call
#3 S type from start to finish, WOOF!!! out!!
#4 EP or E best race was line 10 but against a much slower pace, line 5 seems the correct line against this field, out!
#5 Ep type line 4
#6 E type (ntl=need to lead) both 5 and 6 have the same 47.4 call, hmmmm
#7 prob an EP type here from line 10 at a slower pace, another woof woof, out!
#8 S type on the dirt here, running line 3 against a 47.3

the 6 will try for the lead with the 5 right on his cabbose, both should burn it up setting up this rae to run sustained. This is a far as I can take it thus far but I hope I got something right Doug
dugoutgold is offline  
Old 10-16-2006, 02:34 AM   #8
emilio840
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I live in Toronto, Ontario, can
Posts: 220
The Practice Race

Running styles:
#1 S
#2 S
#3 S
#4 P
#5 E
#6 E
#7 S
#8 S

The Tandems are: 2,3, 8 Poco Bueno
2,3, Criminal Mind
2,6 Seeking the show
3,6 Esclarecido

The 1ST call Projeceted Pace is 47.3

The way I see the race is that 6 should take the lead and wire the field. Because in his last race he ran head and head for the first two calls at a 47.1 and he still managed to get 2nd. The #5 can not do better than a 47.3

The only two horses that I am afraid of is the #2 horse because he beat the 6 in the tandem race. But, the #6 did not get the lead in that race.

The other horse I am afraid of is that Sprinter the #7 horse. He looks to be the fastest horse in here, But his last 4 races were REALLY BAD.
emilio840 is offline  
Old 10-16-2006, 03:29 AM   #9
Turbulator
Grade 1
 
Turbulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
I like the 1 and the 8.
Turbulator is offline  
Old 10-16-2006, 04:43 AM   #10
admin
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,643
where the streets have no names

Hi Jim and Rich

here is my attempt at this practice race

for Running styles
1. NF= No Form Sprinter
2. SUS
3. NF
4. SUS
5. Early
6. Early
7. NF
8. Sus

For first call Proj time= 47.4 or 1 (its hard to see the numbers on my screen shot)

For tandems horse 3 and horse 6 but its hard without the names
to be sure

I see the 5 and 6 as early but not too good
I would enter them into my program
then match up the best of the four Sus runners
and bet the best two

Bill

Last edited by admin; 10-16-2006 at 04:47 AM.
admin is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"The Hat" on Energy Distribution/ Example Race RichieP Hat Check - How Can We Help You? 17 10-06-2006 12:36 PM
HOO 09-27-06 Race 4 Using Energy And Match-Up partsnut Selections 4 09-28-2006 10:12 AM
running dos apps on a widescreenlaptop dugoutgold Speculator 15 09-22-2006 12:07 PM
Energy! race quiz RichieP Velocity Programs 10 07-04-2006 08:19 AM
distribution disparity tompkins Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 0 06-04-2006 02:26 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 AM.