Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2023, 07:51 PM   #1
darmar
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maple Ridge, B.C. Canada
Posts: 3,627
Question for the group ( Pick 5 Payouts)

Wednesday ( 4 - 13) at Parx the early Pick 5 published payout was $178,200 and yet the
total pool amount was a mere $26,526. How does this happen, or better yet, where does
the payout come from???
Darryl
darmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 11:29 AM   #2
omar
Grade 1
 
omar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 378
They must've had a carry over.

Hey Darma, been busy posting on the value capper forum. Posted the 1st race in SA on Saturday. Gave them a $36 winner and a $264 ex. love the downhill 6.5 turf races.
what I didn't give them was the #7 in the 5th at GP that day. $60 horse. love lightly raced dirt sprinters that never routed before and today show up in a route and on the TURF. even better if they're up in class also. they must also be a good price, 8-1 or better. These trainers have been pulling this move since 1978. the public still hasn't caught on yet. Also caught the #5 in Tam 3 that day. Paid $18.60. It's rare to come across one, let alone two on same day.

The reason these horses do well is they use their early velocity to close with.
Look the whole key to this game is this:
A) be a loner, never follow the crowd, even if u use the same program. Think contrarian;
B) in route races[turf or dirt], look for your top 2-3 closers in race but focus on the ones with higher early velocity if they stand out from the rest of the entrants in race, and vice versa in sprint races;
C) and if Sartin was alive today I would tell him: look I like your method but I'm no going to bet a short priced horse unless I like 2-3 long priced[15-1 or more] horses and use my key in exactas to extract some value out of him/her.

I also almost fell down Saturday after hitting the 10th at Aqu and seeing the exacta come back $313.50 for a dollar. 4-1/30-1, Aqueduct?? are u kidding me?? the track that always underpays in the exotics. that 6 paid more to place[$38.80] than his odds! $17.80 to show AND no bridge jumper in race.

C'mon man, in the last race winner paid $120/8-5 and exacta only paid $268 for $2.
I don't care if they made a mistake, I wasn't going to give back the money!

Omar
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 11:36 AM   #3
ranchwest
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,489
Thanks for sharing, Omar. Refreshing.

On other forums, mostly what I get is "woe is me. Oh, the whales! The whales!" The database people and the speed cappers seem to be getting drenched. Pace makes the race.
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 02:38 PM   #4
omar
Grade 1
 
omar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 378
I thought the whales were in the stock market. Pace is the glue that bonds the other pieces together: Class, Form and Value. Think of horseracing as a jigsaw puzzle, you can't see the whole picture if your missing pieces.
Omar
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 01:45 AM   #5
ranchwest
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
I thought the whales were in the stock market. Pace is the glue that bonds the other pieces together: Class, Form and Value. Think of horseracing as a jigsaw puzzle, you can't see the whole picture if your missing pieces.
Omar
Well said. In fact, this is one of the more profound statements I have ever read on racing.

Last edited by ranchwest; 04-15-2023 at 02:00 AM.
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 04:04 AM   #6
omar
Grade 1
 
omar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 378
Case in point: Look at the results from Tampa’s last race on 4/14. 59-1 over 7/2 and exacta comes back $366.90 for a buck. Now compare that to Aqueduct’s last race on 4/8.
In fact I saw that the horse was a VTR, value tech ratio horse, meaning based on the programs odds, his odds was above the race’s random odds but the morning line and the programs own ml was higher, meaning a horse u should like but the public shouldn’t and they didn’t, letting him go off at 59-1. I think the program odds were 8-1 compared to the 20-1 ml and contention odds. I just didn’t use him in my exotics. Used the 4-5&6. Today Jack wasn’t nimble or quick, ran 2nd and 4th.
2 things: one this was a turf race and two this was not my local track. Hey I did catch the 8 $13.20 in EVD r6 and the 8-10 exacta $89.80. I play mostly turf because if it confuses the public that means higher prices and I don’t consider breeding or layoffs on the grass either.
Omar
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Pace and Cap 2017 gathering Group Pick 4 Bill V. 2017 2 08-20-2017 11:01 AM
Betting Examples Discussion Bill V. July Contest 55 07-20-2012 09:32 AM
QUESTION for the group Tim Y General Discussion 6 03-29-2009 11:04 PM
QUESTION of the group Tim Y General Discussion 1 02-11-2009 06:58 PM
New 2008 Player Rewards Pick Three Series - Weekly Handicapping Contests in September lonestarracefan General Discussion 0 08-28-2008 09:08 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 AM.