Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Tom Ainslie & Sartin

Does anyone know the Follow Up Issue(s) where Tom Ainslie wrote some articles on his experiences with the Sartin Methodology and his presentations at several seminars. This would have been around 1994 - 1997.

My wife and I met Dick Carter (aka Tom Ainslie) first at the Baltimore seminar in 1994, and then at several others and we became friends.

He said that Doc's ideas and support had rejuvenated his handicapping experience late in his life and he spoke quite gratefully (and graciously) of his experiences.

Thanks in advance,

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
tom
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 644
Holy cow!

I think I met you there Ted. You just jogged my memory. That was the one at the off air port hotel, we had the lower room next to a wedding Saturday night?

I remember sitting at a table in the bar Friday night - Doc, Hat, Ainslie, Mark Crammer,Tom Brohamer......thinking if I don't get a winner tomorrow, I never will!
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Holy cow!

I think I met you there Ted. You just jogged my memory. That was the one at the off air port hotel, we had the lower room next to a wedding Saturday night?

I remember sitting at a table in the bar Friday night - Doc, Hat, Ainslie, Mark Crammer,Tom Brohamer......thinking if I don't get a winner tomorrow, I never will!
Tom,

Sadly, I do confess that I don't remember you there, but I do for sure remember the rest - what a gallery of stars (not that you didn't get your winner - at Laurel the next day? - and go on to become your own star )

I DO remember you from the Woodbine seminar in 1992 - my first. Gary Owens teaching us 'kaizen', Sandy Hawley, Dave Wilmott from Woodbine, Doc, Hat, Tom B et al. I still have my Class of '92 pin! Where does the time go!?

It would be great to have a 20 year anniversary seminar next year at Woodbine ...

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #4
lsosa54
Grade 1
 
lsosa54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC and San Diego
Posts: 627
I think it was late in 1998, Ted. After Synthesis but before Validator. I remember an Ainslie DRF article being re-printed. Try issue 72. There may have been more in subsequent follow ups.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Thank you Lou - indeed there is the reprint from a DRF article on page 56 of FU 72. I was thinking of an article or articles written directly for the Follow Up. I will check earlier and later issues to see what I can find.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:50 AM   #6
lsosa54
Grade 1
 
lsosa54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC and San Diego
Posts: 627
I'd probably go later, Ted. There is another drf article in FU # 73
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Learning The Sartin Methodology Houndog Welcome to the Sartin Methodology 24 03-01-2017 09:06 AM
The Sartin Methodology Library and Bookstore Ted Craven General Discussion 0 10-06-2009 03:35 PM
Sartin gl45 General Discussion 33 09-09-2008 08:58 PM
Sartin Workshop 3/19/1989 admin Audio Collection 2 05-26-2008 09:47 PM
Doc Sartin Recommends RDSS Ted Craven RDSS Info, Reference 13 05-17-2008 01:02 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 PM.