Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
PeteC
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 611
Emd 6/24 - Race 6

Here's another race to take a shot at tonight...

#2 is scratched...

I have the earlies as 1,2 and 6, with the 4 as E/P. I don't think any of these can outduel each other so I will look OTE.

Ideally I'd like an OTE runner that can win from 5th or further against my projected 1c of 22.1 (#1's last line). No such luck.

The 5 and 8 have won from 4th though. Both were beaten last out by the favorite, #6, but have won against today's pace previously. With the match-up of the face tonight, I'll take those as my top 2

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-25-2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: added race # to title
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:22 AM   #2
PeteC
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 611
Oops...somehow the PP's didn't attach.

Well, no dice on this one. The 5 and 8 ran 2nd and 3rd but were no match for the winning favorite.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf darley_261863.pdf (111.4 KB, 881 views)
File Type: pdf drfPDFChartRacesIndexAction.pdf (47.2 KB, 796 views)
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
mikesal57
Grade 1
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
Petey...what I learned over the past year + is that even though you have multiple "early" horses...that doesn't mean its always a OTE race...

Lets evaluate your early horses 1-2-6 and maybe the 4


#1 just hung on for his 4th win at 5000 claimers..after a horses 4th win , he now joins the big boys that won more races and are tougher

#2 scratched

#6 the in form class dropper

#4 do you think he will get the lead from the 6 ?..he didnt last time...

With the scratch of the 2 , it made it an easy time for the 6 to repeat his top form

Next time you match, try to look at class

mike
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:12 PM   #4
PeteC
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Petey...what I learned over the past year + is that even though you have multiple "early" horses...that doesn't mean its always a OTE race...


mike
Thanks Mike. I've definitely learned that too, but I probably don't make the correct call often enough!

No matter how many earlies in today's race, I will first look to the early group for a horse that can dominate the other earlies based on the pace they can currently handle and their positional comfort zone.

Based on my look on this race I felt early wouldn't win...incorrect here. Your breakdown of my early horses helps from a form/class perspective. I wanted to follow up with your take on the 3 horse though.

In my original post I made a typo and left out the 3...After the 2 scratched, my earlies were 1,3, 6 and 4 as e/p.

Pete
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
mikesal57
Grade 1
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
Pete..

My take on the 3...

Just won at GG for 4000....

First of all...the odds of a horse winning 2 in a row are 7-1 , hes 5/2(no value)
second...hes shipping in and I dont have stats on that ..is GG better than EMD?
third ..moving up in class
fourth....I know that the "match-up" doesn't work this way but its the way to judge the true speed of the horse...look at the E1 numbers ...do you thing that the 3 can get the lead from the 6?

the 3 has a comfort zone of being on the lead by a few lts and running at a slow 1st call number ...Do you think he would get that here?

#3 was no factor for me
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #6
PeteC
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Pete..

My take on the 3...

Just won at GG for 4000....

First of all...the odds of a horse winning 2 in a row are 7-1 , hes 5/2(no value)
second...hes shipping in and I dont have stats on that ..is GG better than EMD?
third ..moving up in class
fourth....I know that the "match-up" doesn't work this way but its the way to judge the true speed of the horse...look at the E1 numbers ...do you thing that the 3 can get the lead from the 6?

the 3 has a comfort zone of being on the lead by a few lts and running at a slow 1st call number ...Do you think he would get that here?

#3 was no factor for me
Thanks for laying that out Mike.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
gl45
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 878
Hi Mike,
I will never invest on a 6 horse field as you know. People like to gamble.
What do we have in this race:
We have 5 horses that finished in the money in the last 4 races they run.
Who's like to lead the pack, and what does mean leading the pack?
In this race everybody can lead the pack except horse #7.
If I have 5 horses that can lead the pack, which horse can win this race?
Forget OTE or FPLR, just look E1+LP and the speed ratings improvement from 3 races back and you got the winner. FORM, FORM, FORM
"Next time you match, try to look at class"...I do...anybody else/
gl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:00 AM   #8
mrhug
Grade 3
 
mrhug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryville, Tennessee
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by gl45 View Post
Hi Mike,
I will never invest on a 6 horse field as you know. People like to gamble.
What do we have in this race:
We have 5 horses that finished in the money in the last 4 races they run.
Who's like to lead the pack, and what does mean leading the pack?
In this race everybody can lead the pack except horse #7.
If I have 5 horses that can lead the pack, which horse can win this race?
Forget OTE or FPLR, just look E1+LP and the speed ratings improvement from 3 races back and you got the winner. FORM, FORM, FORM
"Next time you match, try to look at class"...I do...anybody else/
E1+LP
Are these from RDSS? If so what screen are they on.
Thanks
Melvin
mrhug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Melvin,

PeteC put up PPs from Brisnet and Pino refers to E1 and LP ratings from BRIS PPs (and not RDSS). E1 is likely the most early of Early runners, and LP a late running designation. I don't know much about BRIS PP Early and Late markups.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #10
mrhug
Grade 3
 
mrhug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryville, Tennessee
Posts: 52
Thanks Ted. Had some old PP's and found them.
mrhug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 PM.