Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
alydar_ David
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
Atypical track condition

The first time I saw "frozen" as a track condition I was taken aback. But that didn't seem as odd as "heavy" or "heady" which I saw later.

Last week I saw "splendid" for the first time describing a track condition in the United States.

Today I was looking at tracks to see where I would play. I prefer fast/firm surfaces and tend to shy away from off-tracks.

Suffolk was "sloppy." So were PHA, FE and TDN.

I googled Phoenix, Arizona and saw that it was listed as sunny. Okay, Turf Paradise here we come.

I handicapped and advance bet the claiming sprints. Then I went out to run various errands and ended up at one of the local casinos (a natural segue, more of an endless loop actually).

When I finally got home I went to Philly Phonebet to see the results. Much to my surprise I discovered racing had been cancelled.

How come?

I checked the scratches/changes and this is what I saw:
Attached Images
 
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:20 AM   #2
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by alydar_David View Post

I checked the scratches/changes and this is what I saw:
How does one cancel weather?
Did it smell so bad that weather refused to show up?
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
Rverge
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: pittsburgh, now! Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,531
funny (maybe be a "r" was cut off)
come and slap me if this was already thought.
__________________
i love every single minute of life, and, if one is lucky,then you must give it to others.
Rverge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRACK PROFILE for PHA For The Lead Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 4 09-22-2010 08:13 AM
Saratoga 2010 - Workbook for the Seminar Ted Craven 2010 9 08-28-2010 04:13 PM
Major vs. Minor tracks Bill P General Discussion 109 04-05-2010 03:23 PM
To Model your track or wagers pktruckdriver Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 26 09-03-2009 12:32 PM
Track Comparisons Houndog Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 31 04-17-2009 11:27 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 AM.