Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
sq764
AlwNW3X
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 45
A Generality with the sartin methodology?

I know this is probably a broad statement but I’ll throw it out there.. Is it the assumption of the Sartin Methodology that:

a) Every trainer sending their horse out today is sending him out there to run his best race and try to win, and
b) Every jockey is going to give their mount the optimal ride everytime out
sq764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
BJennet
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 311
Not really

Except on the grass, I don't pay attention to jocks, and never to trainers. Re turf, some are clearly better than others, so I only check whether the jock's in the former group, which could include as many as four or five in one race. I don't break it down any further than that, and I don't look at stats.

B Jennet
BJennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
eljayar52
Maiden
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2
The sartin methodology makes no assumptions as to trainer or jockey intent, unless gangsters have kidnapped the trainers dog in which case it's probably wise to pass the race.
eljayar52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Learning The Sartin Methodology Houndog Welcome to the Sartin Methodology 24 03-01-2017 09:06 AM
The Sartin Methodology Library and Bookstore Ted Craven General Discussion 0 10-06-2009 03:35 PM
Sartin Methodology Applied - with Bill Varone Ted Craven RDSS Info, Reference 1 05-04-2009 06:17 PM
Sartin Workshop 3/19/1989 admin Audio Collection 2 05-26-2008 09:47 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 AM.