|
|
|
|
|||||||
| Google Site Search | Get RDSSGet RDSS | Sartin Library | RDSS FAQs | Conduct | Register | Site FAQ | Members List | Today's Posts | Search |
| RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#1 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
|
I'm Baack
Hello folks. I'm back from my walkabout for the past 6 weeks or so (was it that long
), the past week on a tropical Caribbean/Columbian island. Though I did spend some time there snorkeling and inspecting the local rum puches and pina coladas (also imported a wicked flu bug on the plane ride home...), I also noticed I was spending more and more time mentally returning to all the exciting aspects of the RDSS project, the great people I have come to know and work for, and getting back to actually working and betting races. and winning wagering sessions. Now, I am working my way through piled up emails from some of you and all the posts here which I have missed over the past while. I promise to get back to everyone who contacted me, and If I haven't by the end of the week, please - feel free to write me again (ted@SartinMethodology.com).I have several upcoming announcements about RDSS which I'll post soon, and more mental/emotional energy than I've had in several months. Alas, one of the projects I was really looking forward to this year is not to be: Doc and I had discussed several times collaborating on a book or e-book about the Modern Sartin Methodology, including an updated audio intro by him to his old 3 hour video set introducing the Methodology. It was one of the saddest days for me and Alison in a long while when we learned of his passing. I didn't know him very well on a personal level back in the day, and it had been so sweet for me to gradually make a true friendship with him over the past few years. He had several quite interesting ideas (and clarifications) for me which will show up in RDSS in due course, and the book will hopefully emerge in one form or other as RDSS makes its way toward greater publicity. I look forward to staying in touch with Mary, Mariana and other Sartin family members as time goes on. Many, many thanks again to everyone who has expressed their encouragement and support while I've been seeking to get my 'mojo' back on track. What to many people feels like a scary time in many countries for so many reasons, also feels to me like an exciting time to be involved in horse-racing and in finessing and working the magic of the Sartin Methodology to pari-mutuel profits and to living as a winner. best to all, Ted
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™ |
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 798
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
|
Jim,
Too bad - I was sick as a dog on Valentines Day. Sure wish I had worked that race - could have bought several dozen roses ![]()
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™ Last edited by Ted Craven; 02-17-2009 at 08:42 AM. |
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
|
Welcome back
It sounds as if you're re-energized and ready to go. It's good to hear that you had a good time, everyone needs some R&R now and then.
When you do get around to the next update, will one have to first update to that last one offered? You mentioned at the time that if one wasn't having stability issues, it wasn't exactly mandatory to upgrade, and my RDSS has been working just fine. My best to you and yours, and once again, welcome back. |
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Newton, N.J.
Posts: 121
|
Ted,
Glad to see you back. I'm looking forward to see what new things we'll have for RDSS. Take care, Ira |
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
|
Quote:
For the next (or any) version, you can upgrade from whatever version you were using - no need to install the current one first if you're happy with V0.97.9 Also, re a previous comment of yours, the computer generated Energy ESP readouts (as distinct from the self-selected Visual Running Style) are actually labels for ranges of %Median. The higher the %Median, the closer to the E and EP end of the scale - the lower the %Median, the closer to S and L end of the scale. Doc thought that having these designations was more impactful in describing where a horse disbursed its energy by the 2nd call (and thus the reciprocal: how much was left in the 3rd fraction) than only having a collection of percentage numbers. In a future RDSS version, I intend to offer a %Median display which maps the %Median value across a horizontal scale showing where on the E/EP/P/SP/S/L scale the value appears - sort of similar to the Segments screen where the horse icons show the relative velocity in different fractions. Such a readout should merge and clarify the %Median and Energy ESP readouts, I think. Ted
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™ |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: pittsburgh, now! Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,531
|
hi Ted, Welcome back. playing Pha today.
Rverge ps tried the meat loaf yet??
__________________
i love every single minute of life, and, if one is lucky,then you must give it to others. |
|
|
|
|
#8 | |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
|
Quote:
, but much better than nothing...Ted
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™ |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Budman
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 801
|
Hi Ted,
Sounds like you had a good vacation! Glad you're back though. When, if ever, will we be able to pick and choose our screen readouts and will there be a place to make notes as reminders such as some of the previous programs did? Thanks, Bud |
|
|
|
|
#10 | |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|