Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,643
Something In Common

One thing in common I have noticed in watching people live that really use the programs well such as Bill and Gary is that they go about doing the races the same way each time.They wont stray away from the things that work for them.This is a trait I really admire.Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:40 AM   #2
admin
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,643
hello Jeff

One reason for that is lets say I do run off course
Its easy to see I'm lost and then all I need to do is backtrack and get on that well known road
That road has many intesting attractions
Bill
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:34 PM   #3
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
One thing in common I have noticed in watching people live that really use the programs well such as Bill and Gary is that they go about doing the races the same way each time.They wont stray away from the things that work for them.This is a trait I really admire.Jeff
lack of imagination is an admirable trait?
__________________
velocititian
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:24 PM   #4
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,643
I have seen both of these guys doing races live and I admire them both.There is no need for you to comment otherwise .
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:18 PM   #5
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
A long time ago I took something written in the Follow Up to heart and have never looked back: EACH race is unique and to go after every one the same will bring you nothing but trouble. The programs are not a cook book and treating races that way is not too imaginative.
__________________
velocititian
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:23 AM   #6
admin
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,643
who says so

the original post was about two people who do races
with something in common In my case a tried and true
method that I have set upon works

Here are a few reasons
1. I lost when I tried to get too creative
2. I don't do every race the same. I do every race I do the same
What I mean is I pick races when I can find the time that
my method is going to work. In the past week I did a total of 6
races I have no time in my life now to do a whole card
NJbets.com list about 10 -15 tracks most days
I just use my RDSS Desktop and check out anything
that looks good thats coming up from the enties
I look for full fields. I try to work with older etablished horses
Almost every race I do I can sort of feel it when I pick my lines
If things are too funky while picking lines I stop and find a new race
3. The above example (point 2) is when I am betting from home.
When I go to a track for live racing or a simulcasting place
I use Valm or energy and hand enter my lines. I do races that are not
going off for awile, I can keep to myself. It takes so long to do each race That I again can pick my spots and I don't get caught up
in the crowds opinion When I do go to the track usually I am asked to
do a race for whoever I am with . I do them for them buonly bet the ones
were i think my method will work If not I pass
To me this is the way racing is today Shoes original post
was very nice and I hope others are winning if they stay consistant

Thanks Tompkins
Bill
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:29 AM   #7
gl45
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 878
Tompkins,
get real. In horse racing you stick with the FACTS at hand. There's no room for immagination, or creativity.
Pino
gl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:21 AM   #8
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,643
Just to clarify myself I meant how Bill and Gary have a game plan on how to attack a race.When I go about doing a race Im all over the place which I feel is not a good way to do things.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:34 PM   #9
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj View Post
Tompkins,
get real. In horse racing you stick with the FACTS at hand. There's no room for immagination, or creativity.
Then you become an UNIMAGINATIVE clone following the 'step by step" malarkey that is gospel. Balderdash "Become a regurigitator" it's easy amd mind-numbing.

It is a PARIMUTUEL game. You have to be different to survive. You look at co-relations that the crowd misses. This crowd too...SIMPLE.
__________________
velocititian

Last edited by tompkins; 03-25-2007 at 02:43 PM.
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:03 PM   #10
gl45
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 878
Tompkins,
If you are using Val, Spec or whatever, for your creative and immaginative handicapping skills, you have my blessing.
Pino
gl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 AM.