Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 12-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
mikesal57
Grade 1

Coming clean

Hello All..

I NEED HELP!!!

There I said it.

A couple of days ago, I got hit with frustration and depression all at the same time.
Frustration in not getting better at the Match-Up and depressed going back to my $12.00 an hour crap job. 6 weeks off , reading ,applying ,practicing and losing..
The sadist part was that matchers forum was quiet and forgotten, there was no where to go

So I vented and sure enough help came to the rescue..
Thank you for that...but I still am not were I want to be and I dont want this to end ...I want to be a successful matcher and I need your help..

I put up these races not for a quick pick but to see other matchers and there incites on how they approach The Match-Up..
For a while a member here and a great guy has worked with me and helped me choosing contenders and how to look at a race, thxs Bud. Bill and Jeff gave me support and some info..Tom gave me a great tip on projecting pace...Justin chimed in with his complete approach on his matching skill...

Look at what happened , I'm sure nobody here has played or knew of Sam Houston Race Track...I thought Sam Houston was a co-star on one of my favorite TV shows with Davey Crockett
the results were a win and the other horse in the money

This is how powerful the match-up is ..and its all done in your head or on paper..or if your lazy ,on a pc..lol

This site is not all about another software program..its about 2 men and the legacy they left us....I sure that JB and Doc has touched a lot of people here
and made an impression that has change their lives ..
so lets continue forward and honor them and never forget what they started

mike
Old 12-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
Bill V.
The egg man

Good Skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Hello All..

I NEED HELP!!!

There I said it.

A couple of days ago, I got hit with frustration and depression all at the same time.
Frustration in not getting better at the Match-Up and depressed going back to my $12.00 an hour crap job. 6 weeks off , reading ,applying ,practicing and losing..
The sadist part was that matchers forum was quiet and forgotten, there was no where to go

So I vented and sure enough help came to the rescue..
Thank you for that...but I still am not were I want to be and I dont want this to end ...I want to be a successful matcher and I need your help..

I put up these races not for a quick pick but to see other matchers and there incites on how they approach The Match-Up..
For a while a member here and a great guy has worked with me and helped me choosing contenders and how to look at a race, thxs Bud. Bill and Jeff gave me support and some info..Tom gave me a great tip on projecting pace...Justin chimed in with his complete approach on his matching skill...

Look at what happened , I'm sure nobody here has played or knew of Sam Houston Race Track...I thought Sam Houston was a co-star on one of my favorite TV shows with Davey Crockett
the results were a win and the other horse in the money

This is how powerful the match-up is ..and its all done in your head or on paper..or if your lazy ,on a pc..lol

This site is not all about another software program..its about 2 men and the legacy they left us....I sure that JB and Doc has touched a lot of people here
and made an impression that has change their lives ..
so lets continue forward and honor them and never forget what they started

mike
Thank you Mike

May you always have friends and a home here at Pace and Cap
Your letter spells out exactly what I always wanted P/C to be

You prove it all the time, Freinds helping friends win.
The life of a Sartin client is a life filled with hopes and dreams
,Yes some doubt and fustration but think positive and
the wins are there if you believe in the men who gave thier
all to help us .

GS
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
mikesal57
Grade 1

Thank you Bill....

This might not Be Grand Central Station but the people that park they're butts here are top notch and I'm proud to call them my friends...

mike
Old 12-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
shoeless
Grade 1

Mike, I know what your feeling at least job wise,I have been in the same industry for 30 years and see my commission falling drastically each year.Im 58 years old so changing professions is very difficult.But I look at it this way at least I still have a job and am healthy enough[that's questionable] to be able to go work every day.Hang in there.Jeff

A guy on another site e mailed me this whatever you do dont let horse racing run your life,there are more precious things in life to enjoy.Maybe step back for a bit and smell the roses.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #5
mikesal57
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
Mike, I know what your feeling at least job wise,I have been in the same industry for 30 years and see my commission falling drastically each year.Im 58 years old so changing professions is very difficult.But I look at it this way at least I still have a job and am healthy enough[that's questionable] to be able to go work every day.Hang in there.Jeff

A guy on another site e mailed me this whatever you do dont let horse racing run your life,there are more precious things in life to enjoy.Maybe step back for a bit and smell the roses.
thxs jeff... some things work out for the best..and I know what u mean

last OCT I gave up my route of 19 years and went to work in the hotel business ..it was the spur of the moment decision
it was a good thing I did
I would have lost it all... no route and no job when I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and had to stay home for 2 months

so u never know
Old 12-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
shoeless
Grade 1

Mike well as long as your coming clean I thought I would chime in.I know that Bill has taken some heat here from people who want to see me banned and I appreciate that he never told me to stop posting. I have said stuff that offends some but sometimes I didnt mean it the way it sounded.Anyway now I have decided if I can shed some light on a topic I will do so but only in a positive manner.If people here still want to hold a grudge against me that fine I dont blame them but I will no longer do so life's just too short for that.Im hoping that Bill will allow others to come back and be able to participate as well.Jeff

Mike, By the way glad you were able to beat prostate cancer.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote