View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 01:00 AM   #4
BJennet
Grade 1

Little difference between primary factors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pagine View Post
All on the TE alone? Me thinks that I will try it and test it out.

Happy Punting,
JL
Hi JL,

Thanks for the positive response. However, I think it's worth repeating something I've brought up a number of times - all the primary factors, TE, BL/BL, TPP, FW, etc. are so highly correlated as to be virtually interchangeable. As Guy Wadsworth and others have explained, Doc often like to make the programs look more complicated than they are - Mark Cramer described this as the P.T. Barnum/huckster side of his personality.

I use TE because the Energy screen features a granular version, rather than just a ranking, which is extremely useful for separating horses, and because I've found it to have slightly higher ROI than the other factors. In all the races on the Belmont card I mentioned, the horses were ranked on BL/BL in TPP in almost identical order as TE.

I do also pay attention to the e/l, especially when it seems to be extreme, but especially at a track like Belmont, it's a secondary factor.

The main point I was trying to make in posting is that there's special about anything I'm doing - it's the same simple method Doc outlined in the late Follow Ups.

Cheers,

B Jennet
BJennet is offline   Reply With Quote