View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 10:51 PM   #24
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Just got in at the end of a long and tiring but wonderfully enjoyable weekend of fine mid-summer weather in this beautiful, natural part of the country, with Alison and dear friends. Only to find such wonderful wishes and expressions of care and gratitude -- it moves me deeply! You all are such great friends, some of whom I'll be spending a weekend with next month at the Spa, some of whom we've had long lingering conversations about not only horses but also what-not else ...

It seems like only yesterday I was sitting in the red Festival Tent at Saratoga in 1994, just turned 40, eager for tips from Doc, The Hat, Tom Ainslie, Brohamer, Glen Connolly and I can't remember whom else. Whodathunk that after a few short decades, this is what has come of it: not only a livelihood but such great connections with such a smart gang of students, teachers and companions in this strange amazing game

Indeed, I'll see many of you at the Spa next month, and I look forward to working on more races, ideas and software tools with all of you for years to come!

Thank you all again, so much!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote