View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 06:18 PM   #5
Mitch44
Grade 1

PM: I go back to the early 90's with this stuff, the reason for the last line was to rate it as it was an indication of form I.e. improving or declining, as far as "+' or "o" race. No idiot would use the last line if " when the horse ran around the racetrack "dead last"."

Just because its a + line does it mean that it is the pace line to use. It better be at a comparable dis.,surface etc. Today with the advance of RDSS every line is rated in TPR, Tot. Energy, Pace of the race and Preceptor therefore IMO making the old + & O of races is obsolete, for me that is. Yea the program even rates those ugly races where the horse finished "dead last." ha ha A plus line in the last race or any line must be put in context to todays conditions and surface to be a useable line.

Depending on what format I'm looking at I also use Speed Rating for improving and declining form but the tools in RDSS mention above are better and all done for you, unlike the early 90's when this all had to be done by hand.

The Doc also went back past line 3 if they weren't at a comparable dis, sur. etc. In the above post, Bill's thoughts. . . . has it correct above and I'll go back further depending on what's in the horse's chart. Note: see Bill V. post above Pace line selection. . . . . from SportStat where the last line was no more predicable than line 4, Follow Up # 81,pg.1,par.#2

Galen G. Mitchell
AKA Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 03-03-2016 at 06:36 PM.
Mitch44 is online now   Reply With Quote