Thread: 2018 Road trips
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 11:00 AM   #20
mick
Abiding Student

Keeneland

I've just returned from four days in Lexington with our friend Don E. and his lady Julia. We had a fine time betting some difficult races at beautiful Keeneland. We also had some delicious meals. We had breakfast every morning at the Track Kitchen and Kentucky Burgoo for lunch. For dinner, we ate at Dudley's on Short, the Campbell House restaurant and Distilled at Gratz Park. If you like good food and you're in Lexington, you must eat at Distilled at Gratz Park. It's superb.

I want to thank to "rdiam" and "rmath" for their handicapping help. As tough as the cards were, we needed it.

I've attached a few photos. No need for snaps of the Keeneland track as you're seeing how beautiful the place is on TVG. The Keeneland clock is just inside the back gate where I've been coming and going for decades. The Blue Cactus Cantina is my favorite place to sit and enjoy the races. It's under the stands, out of the weather and located at the finish line. And the third shot is of Don with the thoroughbred statue in front of the Campbell House on South Broadway, which is adjacent to where we stayed.

Keeneland should be on everyone's bucket list. Not only is it a beautiful place, the people are friendly, warm and very hospitable. And then there's the bourbon ...
Attached Images

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote