View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 11:40 PM   #17
Mitch44
Grade 1

Dave:

Sorry for not replying sooner as I've been traveling the last couple days without my CP.

I know absolutely nothing about greyhounds and dog racing. I think all their distances are shorter than thoroughbreds. If so their short dashes would be all about speed and little time for any runner other than an E or EP to win.

If it can be measured, an adapted version of Sartin's Total Engery would be an asset.
Pars do work but they also have enough flaws to drive a maker crazy. I guess it depends on what one accepts as a except able margin of error and how much it improves their game.

Another flaw of any par number is that by the time one is developed it is already outdated. This is due to all thoroughbreds turning 1 year older on 1 Jan. of every year. Along with the ability within the new age classes.The POH(winners) is a far more accurate procedure for man made Pars.

But the best of all Pars are created by the contenders within a race. They also represent immediacy, not something earned long ago. This is another reason why contender selection is so critical for success. These Pars also eliminate all that research work that is best implemented with a pre-programmed computer program.

Like Tim(LT1) I don't worry about creating Pars but I thoroughly understand how to employ them. The RDSS program will take care of this for you. Of course an advanced understanding of all this helps to achieve greater success. No different than having graduate degree verses an associate degree. Even with that experience and practical application supersedes book learning and theory.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote