View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 03:46 PM   #12
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Pars don't account for variants but pars are used to determine variants. Say what? Yea run that one around your brain housing group a few times for it to get absorbed.

Yes indeed. May I ask Mitch, is this what you were alluding to in an earlier conversation of ours?
(As a little aside, I have calculated pars for greyhounds before now and found them to be extremely accurate. That said, apart from chasing type dogs, there are enough that run flat out (without pacing themselves) to the end to enable robust figures to be made).

Coupled with the POR scenario accounting for race make-up it makes for a very complicated situation.
I guess with all of the various class categories within a cost level it makes it even harder to formulate pars when some of these races may have a very small sample size.

I wasn't trying to incorporate class into the Sartin Methodology in terms of making any adjustments to any figures. My approach thus far has purely been to get a greater understanding of how the class structure actually works.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I'm often very busy familywise at weekends!
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote