View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 03:53 PM   #31
Mitch44
Grade 1

The difference's between Del Mar and SA could be from different trainers hence different patterns. Also looking at the 3 yr. best times table Del Mar is slower that SA therefore a horse at Del Mar will get more conditioning from a slower track than a faster track. Smart trainers will adjust to differences in track so not to leave its race in workouts vs. the afternoon and to get the same conditioning for their horses. I.e. if you run a horse on a slower track in the same time as a faster track. And the opposite if going from SA to Del Mar. Another way to compensate for this is by shorting the distance of the workout or lengthening it to adjust.

What all this means is each track has its differences and probably requires a separate study. And even then you may only fine a few really reliable trainers and their moves or patterns. But they are creatures of habit and follow what has been successful for them in the past. Once a trainer has 2 wins I'd be looking for him as he already has begun to out perform his peers.

A technique that you guys (Bill V. & Bill Lister )can employ is to collect data from different tracks and then share it with each other. I.e. share the workload or collaborate with each other. Many logical benefits here, cuts the work load in half, finds twice as many patters and trainers with exceptional moves etc. Just coordinate prior so both of you are on the same sheet of music as to what your actually going to collect. Good luck.
Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 10-17-2016 at 03:55 PM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote