View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RDSS on Apple Mac

More and more people are running RDSS on Mac computers (or want to be able to run them on a Mac). The ways to do it are either using Parallels or VMWare Fusion software to create virtual Windows environments on your Mac (e.g. WinXP, Vista or Win7), then switch between your normal Mac programs and the virtual Windows environment running RDSS. ANother, older, way to do it is using Mac Bootcamp to boot your Ma to a Windows partition, and run RDSS there.

I myself have no experience with Mac computers and have never run or even seen RDSS running on a Mac, but I know a number of people have, and are quite happy with it.

I started this Topic in case people are having problems getting it work properly, or optimally and would like assistance from others who know all about it and have perhaps been through the solution process already.

For the record - RDSS will likely never be rewritten to run natively on Mac OS, or on the mobile iOS platform. You can run it today on an iPad or Pod or Phone using a remote connection app to connect to a remote computer running Windows (and thus RDSS), either one in the 'cloud' or on your own Windows computer.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™