View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 02:57 PM   #4
mick
Abiding Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceman5 View Post
My question for you is once you have it whittled down to your top 4 what is your process for getting it down to your top 2?

bob
Bob, I look for bets that don't require me to whittle it down to a top 2, like rolling doubles and pick 3s. I'll bet more on the more likely combinations but spread and cover with smaller amounts on the less likely combinations.

I spend a lot of time on the TPR and Primary screens trying to find separation between horses. Regarding paceline selection, I use the default, best of last three comparable, except with cheap claimers. For them, I'll change the paceline to the last race and then try to find some reason to go back to a previous line. Recency is crucial for those plodders. (Bill Lyster did us all a favor when he compiled FTL's guidelines.)

I tried matching but then a Sartin veteran who had worked with Jim Bradshaw told me how "The Hat" had done it and I realized that I just wasn't smart enough. That man didn't make a mark on his Daily Racing Form. He kept it all in his head! How is that possible?

Anyway, that's sort of how I do it. I'm sure I haven't told you anything you didn't know already and probably haven't done many times.

Illustrated Glossary

Last edited by mick; 03-16-2018 at 02:59 PM.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote