View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 08:17 PM   #3
partsnut
BetMix User

Conley,

I have done a lot of reading, research and testing on this subject.
Most angles have a short life span and work at specific tracks.
They run a bell curve pattern.

You need a large sample size of 1000 races to check and see what the validity of a given angles might be. I think you will be impressed but possibly somewhat disappointed in the results. This has been well defined in Barry Meadows latest 445 page book "The Skeptical Handicapper". The data which is reasonably current and very accurate, was supplied by Ken Massa, a very astute programmer, contest winner and creator of HTR, one of the best software tools in the market However and in my opinion, his data comes at a very steep price. I believe you can do better elsewhere.

You might also try and find a copies of Ray Taulbots "Book Of Angles" and Boxcars "Angles Library". These books have more angles Then Carter has "Little Lliver Pills".

I have recently created 7 or 8 angles That are generalized at certain distances, surfaces and at certain tracks using a data mining application that I subscribe to. These angles were compiled (data mined, researched and back tested) over a two year span. In the past 90 days January through March they appeared only 55 times and produced 47% winners (26) of which 6 paid better then 4-1 odds of higher at a substantial profit. These were single horse plays to win.

I posted one a few days ago on "The UpInClass Board" which won and paid $13+ (March 28th).

To sum it all up. Playing longshots is no piece of cake.

You have to have patience,discipline and a large bankroll to possibly succeed.

Last edited by partsnut; 03-31-2020 at 08:20 PM.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote