Thread: Contenders
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 10:55 AM   #8
Dorianmode
always learning

Thanks. Great data. I have found it helpful to make a "contender" profile, (as separate, in addition to a win profile, from a number of elements, just so I don't forget to look at something. It's very helpful. I'm keeping data on it now, for a while to see how reliable it is.

Mostly, I wanted to share this little tool in Excel, (attached, which can be modified in any way you care to) which has been very helpful to me. It was demonstrated to me by one of our, now, non-active members. It's an enhancement of the Excel "Small" function. I put the instructions in the file. Basically it allows the researcher to enter (change) the percentage IN WHICH winners are found in data already collected. For example, say I have some data on the final placement of APV. If I set the "Small" function (that's what it's called), to 0.75, it will rank the indicators for their accuracy in finding 75 percent of the wins in that category. You can change it to whatever you want. So instead of 75 percent, I could look for 90 percent, (ie change the "small" value to 0.90), and it will change the output to what it sees for that.

Let me know if there are questions.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Small percentage tool.xlsx (16.9 KB, 979 views)
Dorianmode is offline   Reply With Quote