View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

3. Registration Window.

I have added to the Registration window the ability to choose between multiple RDSS Data Plans if you have signed up for both plans (i.e. both PP only AND PP+Charts). Previously, this caused an error message from TrackMaster's server. Now you can simply select which Plan should be the default. If you are not registered with TrackMaster for both plans, you will not be able to choose - you just get the one you have.

Name:  registration.gif
Views: 1591
Size:  23.4 KB

This problem arose because some users started off with the PP+Charts Plan then decided they didn't want to pay for Charts when RDSS is not yet making the fullest use of that data (i,e, right now you can only get Charts for a given Past Performance line - not for current races). Or conversely, you may have started with PPs Only, then decided to upgrade to Charts+PP, as you might well consider in light of future RDSS versions requiring that data Plan for using the new ToteBrowser.

Also on the Registration window is now displayed the actual Machine ID code (a 10 digit number in the lower 'Your RDSS Software License' section) for your computer, which RDSS uses during its registration process and to lock the software to your computer. This number is just for reference during any correspondence we may have about which of your computers are active for RDSS, or which computers may be obsolete or no longer used for RDSS (when you uninstall the software, my server does not get notified). If you know you have stopped using RDSS on a particular computer or replaced it, I would appreciate if you simply send me a list of all currently valid Machine Ids you have on all your active computers. In practice, this will only really need to happen if I notice you are trying to register RDSS on a 4th computer (according to my records) as you are permitted up to 3 computers of your own. In that case, I might request that you tell me which Machine ID is no longer valid, and I'll update my records.

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote