View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #5
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
Horses can get stiffed if the rider is completely incompetent like this guy was.
Now horses are being stiffed! Wow! Talk about the average uninformed bettor at any track in the country!
One of his mounts won a sprint IN SPITE OF HIS INCOMPETENCE, but when you don't even move with the horse's action it is like putting a dead weight on the animal's back.
But a horse won a race with this jockey. I guess the jockey was 'ok' in this race! The jockey didn't "STIFF" that one. I didn't think a jockey's competence mattered! I thought it was just the horses' ability!
Horses still win races all by themselves but cannot when the rider is working against them.
But you said this jockey DID win a race! So the jockey only "stiffed" the ones he lost with, is that the idea? You also said all the "horsey stuff", class trainers, jockey's didn't matter!
I just received a response from the racing secretary and there were multiple complaints from both fans and other trainers about the same rider. What do you care, the jockey doesn't matter, does it?
YOU have to make up your mind. "Horsey stuff" either matters or it doesn't, ALL THE TIME, not just when YOU want it to!