View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #17
CEW
Grade 1

Hi Parts.............

I was reading through your comments on Synergism, etc. Interesting observations....and more power to you on your positive outlook. Bob Purdy really hit the nail on the head with that program.

I've been a phase 3 type handicapper since the 80s. Synergism II, in my opinion, is the ultimate program. Mainly due to the use of the old meridian variant. Once the user learns how to put the in right pacelines, the sky is the limit on high dollar mutuels. 2 horse betting is key.

After Howard passed, I decided I was not going to rely on anyone for software anymore. So I hired a programmer and we put together a download program using Formulator. It took care of the manual input, of course, and allowed me to concentrate on paceline selection. This way, I could start looking at races the same way every time without having to grind out the numbers. Things turned for me nicely once I got to that point.

The basis for mine is the meridian variant. I picked Synergism II apart over the course of one winter and figured out every adjustment it makes, save for one. In a nutshell, shippers (or any horse from another distance or surface) go through a meridian variant. Non shippers do not. Non shippers get a certain amount of adjusting based on the input of the track record.

I wished Bob would have had that program available in a download format, which would be a killer. I could be wrong, but I think his Syn 6 is all linear adjusted, like TPR. I used it briefly and was out of my element.

Anyway, that's my take!

Regards,

Chuck Wilson
CEW is offline   Reply With Quote