View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #9
chris
Grade 1

Rdss/Synergism or Both?

1965/66, somewhere back then, found me behind the wheel of a Pontiac GTO convertible, of course I thought it was the best automobile on the road. Time has tempered my enthusiam - would not trade my Mazda front wheel drive, automatic transimission, with all the power opltions imaginable for two GTO's. My legacy with the Sartin programs began with phase III (believe it was III) and Synergism II, and then Bob Purdy's version. Great programs both of them, but I have no desire to return to either. When Sartin programs went to downloading data files, I made the switch and havn't looked back.

Though I can understand why those who use Synergism still find it attractive. Though i believe the questions is "if RDSS could export a file for Synergism, would you still use RDSS?"

I would stay with RDSS, it supports what I do with a program. I'm a better handicapper then I was in the Synergism days and often arrive at a decision well before I go to a program. What I find invaluable with RDSS is the ease of navigating through multiiple scenarios quickly, for example, am I dealing with a time horse, a position horse, or one that can go either way. The primary reason I run multiple scenarios is that horses often defy a single characterization, if the odds are generous I'm going with the scenario that flatters my choice. That's just one example.

Rather than see you spend your time creating an export option for Synergism, I believe many of us would profit from a less cumbersome printing option.

Still your friend,
chris
chris is offline   Reply With Quote