Thread: How I use RDSS2
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 01:38 PM   #5
Mitch44
Grade 1

The way I use TPR is as follows: My set up is the same as your with the exception that I start off with my pace line selection with Preceptor the best of the last 3 comparable and don't change it. I review every line chosen with my computer set up with 3 screens: #1 on original screen to verify the line chosen for agreement. That screen gives the Preceptor for all its races and the POR (pace of the race) for each race. I never use off track lines for dirt races even if the conditions today are off as they can vary greatly and aren't created equal. I will use an off trk. line for a turf race if the horse has no turf races. I attempt to stay within 1/2 F with my lines but will except 1F. This is important because of deceleration rates after more than 1 F just aren't accurate. Also on the screen are the variants for review and I'm leery of very high abnormal ones ( over +27 or -7 and under) note sometimes your forced to use what you have and if their all coming from the same track with aberrant variants its OK. SA many low fast tracks with many under -7 or Mahoney where all may have variants of +40 etc. #2 screen I have set on TPR/ E/L so I can check the line chosen to insure it agrees with its normal running style,#3 screen is set on the BL/BL screen so I can check more than one line for the same horse if in doubt.
Regardless of the set up chosen for pace line selection I pity the individual who doesn't verify the line chosen and confirms it. It does very well but can cost you $$$$$ if not verified.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote