Thread: Suggestions Box
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 02:01 PM   #55
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
Ted I like the idea that an individual can customize the colors to their liking.

I"m also glad you like the ideas of distinguishing gaps for other that BPP. The present use of using black for BPP gaps IMO isn't good as it blends in too much with the black numbered rank.Some other color is needed to make it jump off the page at the user.

Gaps can be applied to TPR, Tot. Energy, Speed Rating CR, Prime Line Score, and several other factors. I use 3 for BPP. I agree that the user has to decide on the amount of the Gap to be used as any Gap is sensitive to class structure etc. With the export of data to an Excel spread sheet a user can figure this out for themselves.

For color I agree user definable is the way to go." user-definable, which it is now" I'm unaware of this or how to change the default.

Without a promise I hope in my lifetime at least as none of us are getting any younger, well perhaps maybe Conley.

Mitch44
By 'it is now' I meant internally to the RDSS code, i.e. if Rank 1, use 'the colour-defined-for-rank1s'. I'd just have to make a user interface on the Configure Tab to allow you to choose WHICH colour goes with which rank. That's the part which does not exist.

Re 'using black for BPP gaps' - BPP gaps of 4 or more points are denoted on the Rx+and Entries screen by an underline in the same colour as the font. Black font = black underline. and I'll stick with black fonts for displaying data. Can't really change that, sorry.

I know it has been a long time since an update. I have started gathering things together again to issue another update though that won't be until the Autumn sometime. Perhaps by the time Conley gets to be your age, he'll resume using RDSS (or sooner, or never - it's all good ).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote