View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 08:11 AM   #15
Mitch44
Grade 1

Thanks for the compliment Mark. Yes some only want picks and I've found that out helping some. BTW I don't do that and inform them of that when they ask. I learned from Sartin that your only as good as your last pick and if it lost your all kinds of foul names. Once they know that they disappear. None of us win them all.

Many others also want all the answers but don't want to work nor appreciate the years put in to get good at this. Those that don't or won't put in the work are destine to failure. Nothing is appreciated if it comes easy, hard work reinforces, both good and bad lessons are never forgotten.

The site can be hostile at times which is why I've cut down my posting. I have nothing to prove anyway as I've done that. Just chugging along and busy as hell. Can't ever seem to catch up and I'm involved in too many things. Hinders my playing time also.

I was lucky to be able to hang out with Sartin and Bradshaw and get help from them. Brohamer was always friendly but not around much after the presentations whereas Doc and Jimmy were. We frequently closed up the bar and the conversations were always interesting. We listened much more than run our mouth.(LT1 & I) Wish they were still with us.

RDSS today is extremely easy compared to the evolution we went through. But it remains very tough to most to comprehend concept and effectively employ it. Money management and discipline are big factors that all destroy many.

The match up is the most difficult to employ and easier to understand if one has a foundation of the teachings of Sartin, even than a difficult task to conquer. I can employ it and do at times with some success but my forte is with Sartin's main thrust of his proven program of RDSS. A player needs to know their capabilities and limitations to be successful.

Sartin taught Bradshaw the Matchup however Bradshaw took it to a level that Sartin could not obtain. Bradshaw was always thankful and together they collaborated to obtain proficiency that few could meet and the best pace handicapping program out there even to this day.

Best of luck Mark.
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote