View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 06:02 PM   #11
Mitch44
Grade 1

Your first two paragraphs are well documented. Bradshaw was a HS track coach and ran races in his youth against other Indians which served him well later in his understanding of the match up. Ditto for the "Doc" in his writings.

Bradshaw was also smart enough to know the race doesn't end at the 2nd Call. Many races are won by Pressers, SP and S type horses. In fact these horses are immune to the early pace pressure and run good HE and Late or 3rd Fr. while mowing down the E or EP's gasping for air. Anyone who doesn't consider all running styles or totally disregard OTE horses are going to take a lot of beats.

Yes the methodology has been around 30 years however most can not employ it effectively nor do they understand it. Hell many on this site can't obtain 65 % ( a Sartin standard). Those that I know that can all employ the best of the last 3 at a comparable distance and surface. The "Doc's" guidelines.

Far too many, particularity the public are fix sated on the last race. Most fail to understand Sartin guidelines. He does not say the last 3 races, most fail to employ the part that says;"at a comparable distance and surface." I have had this take me back to line 9 even, wherever it takes me is where I go.

I have enjoyed many of trips with this also. One I'll always remember was at the Meadowlands seminar in the early 90's when I used Line 9 in a turf race to get a turf line for a horse. It won and paid huge. Only Lt1 and I had it. We gave it to a guy from England who asked us who we liked, I believe his name was Tim also. He made a bundle on it and to pay for his whole trip. Sartin told us not to tell Jimmy "The Hat" because he gets pissed if someone had a horse he didn't get. He found out but was happy for us and quickly told Howard.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote