View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 12:12 PM   #26
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Al View Post
Ted:
I have wanted to mention this for some time, so maybe now is the time to do so. It seems that the auto pace line selection uses 7.5 f races as a selection in sprint races (usually turf races). Since it is usually a 2 turn race that is 1/2 furlong shorter than a mile, it should not be used to compare to sprint lines, if possible. Your thought!
Al, I suppose I could add a setting in the upcoming software where the user can define what distances constitute 'sprint' and which distances 'route' for the purposes of auto paceline selection choosing 'similar' distances. This could then cover the 7.5f question.

The same case could be made for which 'surfaces' are comparable to today and which are not: at some tracks you would want to make Poly/Tapeta/whatever 'comparable' with Dirt; at some, Turf comparable with Poly, etc, etc.

Like the above 7.5f issue, these settings would likely end up track specific though, of - even worse - to/from track/surface specific. You could be changing them every race -- IF you relied on an automated process to choose 'comparable'. Of course it could all be driven by a database of track/distance/surface to/from settings.

Or - you could continue keeping a manual eye-ball out and make changes when appropriate

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote