Thread: Saratoga 2018
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 11:22 PM   #11
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Well, the Alabama Stakes is Saturday August 18. That has been our weekend for about 10 years now, so - I'll be there all week!

I'll get with Charlie B (gandalf280) to see about getting tickets again this year for the Friday - Sunday.

What do people think about the Festival Tent area where we've always met? Do we like the tables, the access to food, TV, betting machines, general noise-level - access to the walking ring and to the track? Shall we continue there?

OR - Charlie made the case last year to consider the Carousel Restaurant on the ground floor General Admission end. You reserve a big round table, seats maybe 6 people? It's in a reserved area, there's TVs, betting, closer to the track.

I found it rather noisy, being in the building with more concrete walls and ceilings. Charlie (or anyone else familiar) - do you care to make the case for that new location over the traditional one in the Festival Tent.

We'll have our traditional Friday night handicapping session/seminar at the NHPLAY offices.

Please - everyone who thinks they might come that weekend, please speak up, so we know how many tables to reserve. If at the Festival Tents, those tables seat 6 (uncomfortably) 4-5 more comfortably. I collected $20 per day last year - that included General Admission and a Program, but you needed a way to get your ticket the first day before paying for admission to get your ticket inside at the P&C tables ...

Looking forward to meeting a lot of new people, and old friends.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 02-16-2018 at 11:25 PM.