View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #26
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Mike,

Sometimes either the TrackMaster server is unreachable or your internet connection is not working, for whatever reason. That's what that message is saying - "I can't get to the TrackMaster server right now - please try again later'. Infrequently, it happens. The file named in the error message "C:\Rdss\Trk-last-error-msg.htm" might have more info about what the server reported, for debugging: in future, you're always welcomed to send it to me.

Did you manage to connect again and get your cards?

Another possibility, which happened to me the other day, is I was fooling with Microsoft Internet Explorer (a browser I never use, but the core of which, within WIndows, is used by RDSS for internet access) and managed to set its Online/Offline status to 'Offline'. When next I went to download within RDSS, I got the same message you got. I checked the direct access link to the TrackMaster RDSS files (the link on the Data Centre labeled RDSS Cards Webpage) and that worked (in Firefox) so I knew the problem was not with TrackMaster's Server, and managed to clue-in to switch that IE setting to Online.

You can always sleuth what the problem might be by trying that RDSS Cards Webpage directly. If you can get through that way (i.e. the very same way RDSS does) and using IE browser, RDSS should also be able to get through.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™