View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 05:40 PM   #5
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
And why exactly would we do that?. Folks need to concentrate on our learning Docs' Methodology without cluttering their minds with outside material. Don't they have enough non Sartin material over at PA to keep you occupied?.
Tim
p. 158 Pace Makes the Race M. Pizzola: " To those who must have a mechanical approach, I can only tell you that you are sentecing yourself to mere COMPETENCE at BEST. One of my favorite quotes is attrbutd to Lao Tse, the compiler of the Ta Te Ching He said, "When the great way is lost, there arises codes and conduct and behavior."

In other words, imagintion and innovation are put to sleep without constant re-evalution of method. Playing this game is competitive and requires an evolution to be ahead of the curve. NOT mandatory, but preferable.

One of thr GREATEST things I learned in both my undergrad years, as well in in medical school: NO SINGULAR METHOD, or source material, is enough to investigate projections into the future. Same goes here in the parimutuel game. You cannot learn anything when the process is static.