View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #9
BJennet
Grade 1

End of Sartin free 30-day trial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
As you will have seen from other posts about RDSS 2.0, it includes an optional set of readouts which I have named EL 2.0 (Early/Late 2.0) which is based upon the NewPace ideas of Dave Schwartz.
Hi Ted,

From what you say here, I believe this is the first time the Sartin Methodology is requiring payment for a product without offering a free 30-day trial. One would think that Dave would have more confidence in his product if it is indeed as valuable as he claims. But obviously he's aware that there are some remaining bugs to be worked out, and he's getting his customers to help with the work. Interesting.

From my perspective as a potential customer, I'm not especially interested in the 'secret sauce' which I suspect is going to be changing fairly soon. And since this supposed to be a fully automated 'black box', there should be no need for anyone to understand the mechanics of New Pace, any more than they need to understand their car's transmission in order to drive it. But if there is no free-trial period with this product, I hope it will be possible to access (if only in retrospect) both all the contenders and results of the races being compiled by the beta testers. I think it would be especially helpful if all these results were centrally compiled and organized, rather than presented in fragmentary and piecemeal fashion, as is usually the case with the Methodology. Ted, you mentioned spreadsheets that are being developed with the results, so possibly this is already part of that process.

Re the issue of scratches - just wondering whether post-scratch alternate contenders would be automated? For me this would be crucial.

Cheers,

B Jennet

Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-03-2011 at 12:14 PM.
BJennet is offline   Reply With Quote