View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 07:20 PM   #6
Jeebs
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshotlink View Post
IMHO, Use the program as Howard intended. Spend more time and energy on money management, ticket construction and most importantly the psychological side of profitable wagering and you will win. This is the reason Howard continued his research to come up with new advances. He wanted us the user to focus more proper wagering, learn to pass races with no value, self reliance ,building a winning mindset.
That’s the direction I am striving to take, and have made strides in being more consistent in that direction. However, as I point out, and Tim G concurs, Howard has a way with words that confuses the hell out of me. It’s almost like he says one thing, then does opposite, or delves into an example, but doesn’t explain how he arrived at it.

P&C IS the modern “Follow Up” of sorts, but with so many players in so many different directions, and the posts in different directions, it is hard to find the resources from a member POV in an orderly manner. We have both the Match Up Compilation series and the FTL guideline series for easy reference, but nothing firmly concrete regarding Sartin’s modern procedures other than the Follow Ups (that I know of). Plus, all of the examples that Doc references is pre-RDSS.

Perhaps it is up to me to pour in the sweat equity to find “what I want” to make the recommended procedures work for me, and that’s OK. I just want to be able to understand what Doc is saying and why he’s saying it so I can better understand why I am doing what I’m doing.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote