View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
partsnut
BetMix User

Lord John:
Quote:
Partsnut, The old twist method is an effective one. I like reading different ways of getting pace lines from different people. Like you I don't like dealing with a lot of contenders. Thanks for sharing your input.
Old Arkie Girl:
Quote:
I need some help with this. The only thing that I see that is similar is that the RS and the E/L stick are not in agreement. One says RS is S but the stick shows it as very early. The other shows an S stick but a P RS. I have a number of speculations re the results, but I am still scratching my head in dismay and I am curious.
Thanks, Pat
Tim Yatcak is a very smart and versed handicapper. As, well he is a Sartinist that does not always agree on what the rules, if any, should be. He's a free thinker.

If you will notice that the winner of each of the displayed races showed an obvious and excessive pace advantage. Just look at the sticks and then the race results.

Not withstanding Tim is of the belief that you cannot measure a horses potential by using just one pace line. Tim, looks to see if a horse (contender) is capable of repeating his best effort and uses multiple pace lines.
He then analyzes the EL TPR screen.

This is just one method that can be used. I myself use Synergism ( The dream race projection), pace multipliers, speed points and pace pressure figures from PaceAppraiser as well.

Pat, In my mind it is very important to have an idea of how the pace of the race sets up and how the race should run. The pace dictates what type of horse should win.It gives you an idea on how the race should run. In a slow paced race I lean to an E, EP or P depending on what the speed points and pace pressure shows.
A fast paced race would favor a late paced or sustained horse. Every race is an individual puzzle.

I find there are many tools that can be used when projecting pace and handicapping a given race.

Last edited by partsnut; 07-22-2012 at 07:16 PM.