View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 01:19 PM   #7
Mitch44
Grade 1

Coming up with accurate probabilities for proper weighting is huge. Even within RDSS the same factor isn't and couldn't possible receive the same weight or probably percent across all distances, surfaces etc. as it importance changes based on the conditions.

For me its more of a feel as to who's best or how close they are and what the public is giving you. Now its even harder because you can't see what the public is giving you, make you're bet only to find out after the race starts the odds drop on you're horse. Comes from more Benter's out there now that his methods have been out in the public domain. Plus intertrack wagering and that last minute money coming in.

I have always found the Kelly hard to employ especially with playing multiple tracks etc. Its much easier to employ after a 20 race cycle than on a race by race basis. Sure the profit will be slightly less but its still more effective that not employing it at all. Actually it has a flip side that in some cycles it can save you money. I love it based on 20 race cycles or on bankroll balance where you have the time to keep up with it. Impossible when you have two races going off close together and the results are yet unknown in one of them. I prefer to employ it after 20 race cycles.
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote