View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #10
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJennet View Post
Hi Patrick,

These are some things worth keeping in mind:

1. Even though RDSS is a very good tool, you can't win every race. No one can. Sometimes this is because you make a mistake, but 40-50% of the time, it's due to the limits of RDSS (or whatever tool you're using). There is a certain quotient of randomness (luck) in gambling, which produces results which no expert can explain.

2. Re this particular race, this is a race for very bad 3yo claimers. It combines two categories of very erratic horses - 3yos and cheap horses. Neither group will very often run back to their pacelines, thus, RDSS is not going to do as well here as it does in most races. I don't play horses in either category and I would recommend the same to anyone else.

3. If you do decide to play these races, form is much more important than ability, since that is the attribute which most of these horse lack. Thus,from my perspective, the only reason to play the '4' would be that it had done something recently which none of the others had done for a long time - won a race.

Cheers,

B Jennet
Thank you, and yes the wisdom is so simple, almost makes me feel silly not seeing it.

True this type of contest will have us play races we should not normally play, but a little practice never hurts

thanks again

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote