View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hi Ignacio, there are tons of 'old' versions of RDSS . So I'll guess you might mean '2.0-Beta2.6-02' (old) versus RDSS 2.1.48 (new - currently available for download).

The answer is -- you can use BOTH versions now, side by side and at the same time. They install separately, and in separate folders (\RDSS2 versus RDSS2.1 Folders). If you don't get separate Desktop Icons for each when you install the 2nd version, just create one yourself (Google knows how to do this, and will tell you ).

HOWEVER (and this is important) -- by the end of the year 2018 or so, ALL older versions of RDSS prior to the upcoming 2.1.049 will be unable to download anymore from TrackMaster due to upgrading of secure access to their servers (i.e. HTTPS). Older versions of RDSS will still be usable, but you'll need a current version to actually download the data.

(Just to be clear - the upcoming RDSS 2.1.049 is not yet generally available but is in testing by a few folks and will get a few more rounds of updates this Autumn before general distribution. It includes the new Rx+ screen, horse pedigree, equipment/meds and weight).

I'll give plenty of time and notice for everyone to upgrade before any deadline, and allow some time for (the inevitable) critical bugs to get repaired before older versions can't download any longer.

But FWIW, why would you want to use a 5+ year old version of the software when the current one is a SO MUCH stronger and capable handicapping tool?

Anyway - hope that answers your question for today, and gives some heads-up about the near future.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote