View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 03:33 PM   #37
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dan, sorry to lose you (even if temporarily) as a RDSS subscriber. Tote has been part of RDSS from the beginning (though intermittently, over various tribulations with SuperTote, then BrisNet, then TwinSpires). TwinSpires' BPP and PL public ratings are only available from them (and are still available). Results have been available in RDSS from TrackMaster/Equibase from the beginning - only not used as such, I agree (quick results/prices, accessible for modelling). I plan to do better with that Results data from them.

TrackMaster/TwinSpires is not an ADW and do not provide tote data. That's just the way it is and will not change soon. I have to get that where and how I can find it.

TwinSpires has upped their scrutiny and blocking of apps which fetch data from their site, as is their right. RDSS is not re-selling that data, only providing what you would otherwise see with your eyeballs when looking at their web pages.

I have not been sitting on my hands with this problem. Nor have I been providing the blow-by-blow of all the things I have been doing to understand the problem and come up with creative solutions. I just want to provide a solution. I believe I am close, but stay tuned - you and everyone.

Each person has their own level of how deep it is worth their while to dig for combinations of data to crack the horse race analysis problem. I respect your limits. Others have more time to spend and have chosen to dig deeper, many with uninterrupted success.

Wishing you all the best!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote