Thread: Saratoga 7th
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
lsosa54
Grade 1

Not an RDSS user and I'm at work so I don't have these PP's, but if in fact we have an 11 horse field and only 2 contenders have run on the turf, there may be value here.

The fav doesn't appear to have run on the turf or gone 2 turns, and is coming off a 211 day layoff. Plecher is a fine trainer and the fact that he's 1.8-1 may say more about this field - seems he may be the only early contender as well. Has 8F on the inner turf been running early?

See if any contenders are lightly raced fillies that fit the conditions well that have shown something on the turf or might have some turf breeding or a good turf trainer and might be some value. Preferably have shown something at N1X or are just comong off a straight maiden win, least preference to claimers. You would have to make a real case to bet the 30-1 ML - she is that for a reason, although I can't tell what class these guyshave been running at.

Tread lightly if at all - not a race for a major investment.

If you bet exactas, just bet the combos that provide some value. By the time they get through hammering the favorite, there may not be many. Your place profile may help you.

Betting your BLBL blindly in this race may not be the best approach.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote