View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 04:34 PM   #10
Mark
Grade 1

Admittedly...

I am a Bradshaw proponent. I started attempting to learn the Match Up going on 6 years ago. I found the Sartin Methodology in the early 90s and it gave form and structure to my handicapping. But I didn't understand why horses won out on the track and while I did well enough to keep my interest and keep coming back for more, I seldom overcame the take out at the end of the year.
There was no greater contrarian than Dr Sartin. His lead changed handicapping for ever. His edict "The cure for losing is winning" did not set well with the Psychological community but to the end of his career, I felt that his mission, whether through guidance, criticism, admonition, yes and even browbeating was to turn losers into winners at the track and in life.
Profitable handicapping today by which I am talking about making serious money, augmenting or supplanting ordinary household income, you cannot do what the crowd is doing.
That is my point! The methodology has been 30 years or so in the Public Domain. For one, limiting yourself to the last 3 comparable lines and the use of final time variants applying them to internal fractions is looking at the handicapping challenge exactly like the majority of the betting public. Secondly, all racing whether human, dog, horse or whatever depends on early pace. I ran track in high school and if you did as well you know this to be true. The faster you go early the less energy and wind you have to finish. It is axiomatic! Early pace is the independent variable in this equation, final time is completely dependent upon it.
I don't ask you to do anything but think about it. Don't take my word. Are you succeeding with your methods? If not do something about it!
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote