View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #14
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Here I sit with my bags mostly packed for 3 weeks in Italy, checking off more of my To Do's. I had one of the most enjoyable trips ever to Saratoga, partly due to the mostly great weather, part to a profitable time betting and a lot due to meeting old friends again and several new ones.

Our Friday evening seminar was attended by 14 people, by my count. We have videos of Bert Mayne and myself which will be posted later once they're stitched together and tidied up as best we can. Barb C will post those in due course.

First up was Scott and Gary from NHPLAY, our hosts at their offices and conference facilities in Saratoga, talking about their ADW/Players servies organization. I think everyone was impressed at their dedication to bettors, and the investment in tools to provide a great wagering platform.

Bert Mayne talked about his days in the Methodology from the early 1980's and his best memories of what he learned from Howard Sartin, also his newest experiences getting a handle on RDSS and modern racing.

Charlie B lead in our group handicapping of the Alabama Stakes as always, and we identified not only the favourite winner, Questing, along with the other likely winner Grace Hall, but more importantly we zeroed in on the likely Place horse In Lingerie which helped many of us get the $45.20 Exacta - the best bet in that race.

It was indeed a weekend for Fathers and sons, Mothers and sons, Fathers and daughters

Following are some photos from various days of the weekend.

Most of us posing for the 2012 group shot: Ted C, Lou S (lsosa54), Bert Mayne, Jenny Mayne, Wayne N (pilot), Charlie B (gandalph380), Paul Y (wagercapper), Barb C, Don E (tazzer). Missing are Jon L (Mr Pagine) and his father Brian L, Mike T, Rich M.

Name:  DSCF1021 (800x434).jpg
Views: 841
Size:  73.0 KB

Don E and Lou S

Name:  Don-e+lou-s.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  36.8 KB

Don and Wayne N and Thoromation running on Lou's computer

Name:  don+wayne.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  36.0 KB

Paul Y (wagercapper) - not shown is his fabulous Apple Mac running RDSS and Twinspires video (crystal clear, many oohs and aahs)

Name:  DSCF1026.JPG
Views: 847
Size:  224.8 KB

Bert Mayne and his daughter Jenny

Name:  Bert Mayne and his daugher Jenny.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  260.5 KB

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote