View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 11:30 AM   #22
ray lopez
Grade 1

Hello Mike,

I think success is the long journey we are all in.I looked back when i joined the Sartin Methodology in the early 80's.I was dreaming of becoming like the great Tom Brohamer , heavy-betting Dick Schmidt or the master pace-analyst Tom Hambleton.I was able to bet only on weekends because of my job and family responsibilities.I was never able to put it all together.Like every horse afficionado,i bought a lot of software,books and systems through the years,some promising easy money and quit-your-job-soon assurances.The last i bought was Dick Mitchell's Seminar-in-a-Box.It was not a waste of money though,because i got some ideas and style of betting from it.When i was closing in on my retirement,i knew i would go back to the old Sartin programs.Don't get me wrong,RDSS is the modern Sartin program and i know in capable hands it is the way to go.It's just that nostalgic feeling of playing with my old idols that i will go with Energy,Thoromation and Val4.It's like holding the old venerable 1911 45 caliber pisto with only 7 bullets in the magazinel,knowing that better and more modern pistols are now available.Think about what a wonderful era it was with all the great minds in horse handicapping working together at one time...Doc,Jim Bradshaw,Brohamer,Jones,Connelly,Hambleton,Schmidt,Mike Pizzola and so many more.It was like watching the NBA All-Stars.I also remember the young Lee Rousso winning the Cal-Neva Champions Handicapping Challenge in Reno against some great players.I was there,mesmerized with his ability of picking winners and the way he put exotics betting to a new level and his knowledge of angles and track bias.
But time marches on.Higher win percentage will not amount to making higher profits anymore.We have to adapt.
We may never become professional handicappers.But we can have fun and success in our own way along the way.

Ray
ray lopez is offline   Reply With Quote