Thread: Saratoga 2018
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 02:12 PM   #156
barb craven
Grade 1

Now for some personal stuff.
This year was, to me very sweet. To see Bill coming along so well, and to meet his wonderful family, who were so caring of him and so much fun to be with. Dinner every night with friends after the races was like icing on the cake.

Also to see again old and new friends, Rich and Karen, who are like family, Bill, of course, Mikesal and and Sylvia, (I wish we'd known you had tried to get in to Dave's the last day. We were over at the other side with Charlie and Missy and there were tables there) Mike O., Don (tazzerbobo), Jeebs, Tim (Ltl) who kept me in stitches with his tales and who has now become another adopted son (along with Richie P.), The ever quiet gentleman, Mick who introduced me to Maker's Mark Bourbon. I bought Ted a scotch last night Mick. Get him to tell you which one). I missed saying goodbye to you yesterday, but I trust you got home to your lovely wife before the rain. Thank you for your friendship and insight into so many varied subjects.

Charlie and Missy. Saratoga wouldn't be Saratoga without them and their ever present friendshhip and helpfulness.

Last, but not least, my thanks go to my son Ted, who makes it possible for me to come to all these meets and makes sure I am well cared for.
I'd better stop now, I'm still in shock.