View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotman View Post
I do not use RDSS but I apprieciate the people here, what I can say is that after a certain time period utilizing this New Pace will not show anything on your bottom line, at least not in the black.
I myself am not able to say from personal experience whether NewPace will add to or subtract from my bottom line in the long term, because I do not use it regularly enough or over a sufficient volume of races.

But I do respect those who roll up their sleeves and do the work to accumulate this info, and especially those who choose to bet real money on it. I appreciate the hard work Mike S, Pino, Bill Lyster and rmath recently have put into studying NewPace: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=80010 (MikeSal's workups on MNR and WO 2012 seasons using NewPace).

As to the contributions of Taulbot, Mahl, Bradshaw and Howard Sartin (and not forgetting Pizzolla) - well, obviously you get no complaint from me as to the brilliance and sufficiency of their work. However, I guess it's a good thing Doc Sartin chose to not consider that Huey Mahl or Ray Taulbot were all there was to know about handicapping, and instead chose to investigate if there were new and interesting things yet undiscovered in horse racing - and to teach others. And Sartin begat Bradshaw, Pizzolla, Brohamer, Schmidt, Purdy, Hambleton, and - dare I say it - even had a certain influence on Schwartz ...

As for the DRF site and Andy Beyer, I'll have to get back to you ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-25-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote