View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #18
Houndog
Grade 1

RDSS Export to Synergism Comments

Actually I have a few questions regarding the export from RDSS to Synergism as I don’t know how it would work but than again I am not a computer programmer.

Synergism II: As Jeff has stated Synergism II uses set-up times which I think creates some sort of meridian variant.

Synergism III: Assuming you could export a file from RDSS to Synergism III I think Synergism III will still be looking for the Syner3.Par file and try to use it. What I did was renamed the Syner3.Par file and tried running Synergism III. Here is the screenshot of what happened.

Synergism IV: Synergism IV use a par file called Syner.par Same result.

Of course Ted may have a better idea on how to approach this but it seems to me as it is now the only thing you could do would be to export a raw un-adjusted file to Synergism III and Synergism IV and use the Par Files within the respective programs. BTW both Synergism III and Synergism IV can use the same par file as long as you rename them as shown below. Also I think you should run synerpar.exe in Synergism IV if you update your par files which updates the BSYNER.PAR file which Synergism IV uses.

The Energy/THOROMATION export was different in that Energy and THOROMATION did not use set-up times or internal par times but created it’s adjustments according to the horses entered in the program.

I am all for an export to Synergism and as I stated Ted know’s more about programming then I do. Unless I am missing something obvious I think Synergism III and IV will always be looking for a par file. I encourage all interested parties to comment on this because someone may have a better idea. -------Mike “Houndog”

Screenshot follow.
Attached Images

Last edited by Houndog; 07-17-2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: correction
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote