View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 08:42 PM   #5
The Pook
Grade 1

Hi Ray,

I'm listening. I hear ya. A fellow grinder. Those that try and grind out a daily profit over the long term are the members I find most interesting here. My numbers are similar to yours and it isn't easy to do. Like you say you have to be willing to lose a lot. Not 7 of 10, but 70 of a 100 or 700 of 1000. Not quite so many when betting more than one but your investment is higher. Not many can without caving in.

I worked your race earlier and decided it was a pass for me. So I pushed it anyway and came away with the 5,7. The 7 wins and pays 4 and change. Wouldn't have been a bet at that price.

The 7 was bet down from 5/2 ML as many favourites are. They sometimes take a real dive after post time. I believe it was you who posted once about whale activity and how they have computer programs that read pools. You gave the impression that some of them have privileged access after the races go off. I'm not sure if you intended that, but that would be impossible and illegal. If that were the case we all might as well pack up and go home. Sure the odds can change a quarter of the way into a race, but that is just reflecting all late betting activity which must take a few seconds to compile.

I enjoy seeing your use of the classic programs on which RDSS is based. I wasn't using that software back then but the primitive horsey icons remind me of Space Invaders or Super Mario.

Keep posting,
Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote