View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 05:39 PM   #3
ray lopez
Grade 1

Thanks,Tim...I made a one-horse win bet on #6 Kapran at 6/1.It was 5/2 on my line.It was a value bet to me.It loss but I have long accepted in my mindset that since I average 30% wins w/$8.20 ave.mutuel betting one horse,i'll lose 70 bets out of 100 bets.I don't know how many players can visualize winning 30 and losing 70 every 100 bets but that's real-world betting.It is not 3 out of 10 short-term because to make real money,you have to keep it going and going,like a machine.Sometimes I bet 2 horses to win and my ave.win % is 47% with an ave.mutuel of $11.80.That means I know I will lose 53 times out of 100 bets betting 2-horses.Again,many players cannot accept losing 53 times in a hundred bets.they only think of 9 out of 20 short-term.But that's not real-world-betting.You have to keep it churning and churning by volume.In the last few issues of the Follow-Up,Doc mentioned some members were no longer after the 60% win ave. on 2-horse-win-betting because they would rather get around 48% but getting higher -paying mutuels...I take a week off after 6 weeks of betting because I know i'll burn out...So many players go from one software to the next after a few losing bets,looking for that 'holy grail' program...but reality is ,the Sartin programs are good,you just have to grind it out,winning and losing,winning and losing...day-in and day-out...making value bets and many wagers will have to be bet to realize the profits that we all dream about...If you are doing it as a hobby,that's fine.I have no problem with that.But I know most want to make money...and that's what I'm trying to say to those who will listen.
ray lopez is offline   Reply With Quote